When it comes to maintaining your home there is a big difference between being “Neat” from being “Organized”. There are a lot of affordable home additions in the market, but it does not mean that you need to have them just to keep your things organized or neither, should you purchase them just because you think it will help you keep your home clean.
Just because the things on your counter is in one area doesn’t mean that is organized. Remember that if you notice you flat surfaces or least-used tops are piled up with different things it means you have to declutter your home and assign a specific spot for those items, otherwise dispose of them.
THE COMMON CLEANING BLUNDERS
Keeping Kitchen Counters Empty
- The moment you have decluttered what is not needed in your kitchen area, leave the things that you use on a daily basis. Like if you love baking, leave a space for the electric mixer. It’s easy to maintain a clean and organized space for as long as what you need is just within your reach and each tool has their own respective spots.
The Overcrowded Refrigerator
- You are probably used to sticking reminders or notes on your fridge with magnets. It has been a habit since you were young, yet experts say that you will soon be transforming your refrigerator exterior into a messy focal point. Better yet, keep a clipboard around your kitchen or on the wall where you can punch in all your notes, shopping lists, photos, and a lot more you can think of. When you find the board crowded, that’s your signal to declutter it and clean some space.
Messed Up Shelves
- If you are using an open shelving or a glass-covered cabinet in your kitchen don’t let it look messy and disorganized. Especially of dishes are placed in random places or shelves. Your options are to keep the glass or shelves covered with fabrics or manage to keep them orderly.
Keeping Too Many Items
- Being organized means you also have to be good at making a decision about the things you have to keep and what have to let go and it starts inside your kitchen cabinets. If you’re unsure, take everything out each shelf and if you are no longer using it, let go of it – for good.
A Confusing Entryway
- Every home’s entryway gives an impression to your guests about what kind of a person you are when it comes to your interiors, however, it is the first spot that is filled with all sorts of items like coats, shoes, bags, and a lot more. What you can do is assign a spot where coats should be hanged and an area where other items can be hanged as well. Baskets can also be placed by the door for shoes.
The Piled Up Mail
- This is common, though, in every home that the moment the mail comes, you just let them sit at a table or any open space after you scan through them. Instead of scattering your mail around the house, place a crate or box on your entry wall or table and place everything you’ve got in the mail there, then just sort it when you have the time or right after you come home from work.
The Closet Nightmare
- Everyone wanted to have a stylish walk-in closet or just a closet where you can have all your clothes, shoes and personal stuff tucked in. Yet for some, their closet becomes a place for baubles and their Prada shoes. The rule here is that you have to make your everyday items accessible to at all times. If you keep a fit lifestyle, your running shoes should be placed where you can easily grab them. Separate the things you use on a daily basis ditch out what you seldom use.
The “All-Stuff” Box
- This also happens to be a habit for some who just throw everything in a box or drawer for as long as it can disappear as a messy space. Soon it will be a huge skeleton in the closet that will be really hard for you to organize. To organize your a-z items, use baskets or storage bins and label them to help you contain your items better.
Maybe this time you can already sort out the small and hidden spaces in your house and start decluttering them. You can consult a home addition design DC expert about how you can possibly add more storage and utilize more space in your home. Keeping everything organized is not just to set an impression to anyone, but to make life easier for you and every member of your household.Read More »