Why Your Furnace Needs an Annual Inspection
When temperature drops, the last thing you want to think is to be caught in home with furnace, which needs furnace repair. Most homeowners pay little or no attention to furnace, as this appliance rarely comes in use, but negligence is not the best option. In fact, the best thing you can do for your furnace is schedule an annual inspection.
Do You Really Need an Annual Furnace Inspection?
If you want your heating system to work efficiently for a good number of years to come, hiring HVAC technician for annual inspection is the best option. There are many genuine benefits of furnace inspection, such as:
- Prolong the life of your heating system
- Increase the energy efficiency of your furnace
- Reveal the carbon monoxide leak
- Decrease the risk of health issues
- Make your furnace safe
What to expect during furnace inspection?
Furnaces are unpredictable appliances and are required to be inspected annually as they contain several components to help warm your home. During an annual furnace inspection, here is what you can expect:
- The ventilation system will be checked for leaks and blocks.
- Fresh air intake grills will be checked for blockages.
- The heat exchanger will be inspected for corrosion and rust.
- Combustion gases will be analyzed and fitted according to specification of unit.
- Burner will be analyzed for proper flame, flame sense and ignition.
- The blower wheel will be checked for debris and cleaned if required.
- Amp-draw test will be done on the blower motor.
- All wiring and circuit connections will be checked.
Furnace inspection, cleaning and repair is really very important for safety and integrity of your heating unit. You should always consider annual furnace inspection before you start using your furnace.
Furnace is a complicated heating appliance. Without any knowledge and experience, you should not jump into DIY furnace work. You might end up by damaging your furnace or hurting yourself. You should always consider hiring a reputable and trustworthy furnace repair technician for this purpose. The technicians have sheer knowledge about furnace inspection and repair. A professional inspection can provide safety assurance and you need not have to worry about furnace issues in the near future.